Tuesday 19 March 2013

POTD 19/3 2013: Barbed Morning Glory Wire

"Barbed Morning Glory Wire" ©2008 Lars Clausen
Buy this photo at RedBubble.com
This photo could be taken just about anywhere, but it's from Royal Oak, the suburb of Detroit my wife's aunt lives in ("I'm so bad, I vacation in Detroit!"). Being from a very peaceful country, I'm not used to seeing barbed wire around normal neighborhoods, so this juxtaposition really struck me. I have a thing for morning glory, since we brought some back from our time in Iran and have been growing them ever since.

This was taken with the 70-300 f/4.0-5.6 IS, which was a good lens for its price, but larger and heavier than I wanted it, especially since most of the size and weight was wasted on my crop camera. So I have since swapped it out for the 55-250, which works nicely as a walk-around lens. It's hard to tell on this small version, but the flower is not entirely sharp. The background separation is excellent, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment