Sunday 24 March 2013

POTD 23/3 2013: Rust Plants

"Rust Plants" ©2013 Lars Clausen
Buy this photo at RedBubble.com
I'm with +Mickey Blake  in Wales this weekend. While she's learning new and exciting knitting things (such as that she's been knitting her purls twisted since the very beginning), I'm going around with my camera, trying to get the best out of a cloudy early spring in the Welsh countryside.

Today I went over to Pembroke and from there out to the ocean at Freshwater West, which is a quite impressive sight (more pictures from that trip can be seen at http://goo.gl/JgDRq). On the way to the ocean, I stopped off in a little forest, and while the forest itself wasn't that interesting, there were a series of two meter high rusted metal structures that were quite interesting for a macro photographer. I could have spent hours there exploring the rust and paint flakes and plants and how they all came together in strange ways, but I wanted to get out to the water before it got dark.

This photo was the best of the trip, I love the rusted surface as the little mosses growing into the tube. My macro lens still seems to front-focus a bit, which is why the right side isn't quite in focus. I should compare the normal focus with the (very slow and light-sensitive) live-view focus. Unfortunately, the 60D does not have a focus microadjustment feature, maybe Magic Lantern will add that (if it can).

No comments:

Post a Comment